So I’ve been wanting to write this article for so long. Ever since I saw, Yeh Jawaani Hai Dewaani.
Deepika Padukon gave us four fantastic movies this year. She stared off with a sizzling performance in Race 2. Boy! She looked HAWT! Then next she played the nerdy girl in YJHD and next the southern beauty in Chennai Express and finally the Indian Juliet in Ram Leela.
Uff. What can I say about this leggy lass? Isn’t she quite the bombshell? What I love about her? Her skin tone and the fact that she doesn’t believe in being fair. I also love how she doesn’t advertise size zero.
In a recent interview, she said, “While I believe that when you are in the glamour industry, you have to look your best, I also believe that being skinny is not hot and happening. It is important that every person should wear clothes that go with their bodies – the cut, the fabric, make a lot of difference”
Well, she already said that being skinny is not hot and happening but I’m pretty sure that this beauty sweats it out. Look at her toned arms and legs! Rumor has it, that she makes it a point to play badminton everyday. For. An. Hour. Yes, that’s the rumor guys! As much as we want to trash it, we can’t stop thinking about the possibilities.
Anyway, that statement of her’s, touched my heart. That being said, It’s not like she doesn’t have any style or any features that stand out. To be honest, I like her style. Well when I say like, it’s putting it very mildly.
What is Deepika Padukone’s style all about? Her style is all about being comfortable without losing the element of fun or grace, depending on the party she’s attending. Deepika Padukone has started doing few things that make her stand out in the crowd. No no, we aren’t talking about her exceptional acting skills. We are referring to her signature style.
1. She is VERY tall. So what Deepika Padukone does is, she ditches heels and wears flats more often than not. You’ll mostly spot her in thong sandal. Or boots. Or anything that is flat and doesn’t make her look obnoxiously tall. She does wears heels sometimes but she makes it a point that her heels don’t draw much attention.
2. Her eyes! She always makes it a point to do something to her eyes. It’s either the dramatic eye liner or the cat wings or the heavy lashes combined with thick eyebrows. She keeps the rest of her face neutral and always plays with her eyes. We LOVE!
3. Her dresses. Did you guys ever notice how she wears dresses with floral prints? Or vest with floral embroidery? Probably not, because y’all can’t take your eyes off her pretty face.
4. Jewelry. She ALWAYS has something on her. Either earrings or a necklace or a pendent or rings or funky jewelry or a bracelet or something or the other. She’s never been spotted accessory less and this is another feature we like about her.
5. Remember Ricky Martin’s Livin La Vida Loca?
Her lips are devil red
And her skin the colour mocha
She will wear you out
Livin La Vida Loca..
Those particular lines speak volumes about Deepika Padukone and her undying love for red lipsticks! Never mind the outfit that she’s wearing, you’ll mostly find her in lip shades which are red or shade of red and pinks. Gotta love this woman!