Akshay Kumar has a maximum number of releases in a span of 12 months! Infact he hold the official record in bollywood for most number of releases in a span on 1 year. The period was between April 2012 and February 2013, he released as many as six films Housefull 2, Rowdy Rathore, OMG – Oh My God!, Khiladi 786 and Special 26.
But guess who’s in the contention to grab that record? It’s none other than Emraan Hashmi. If things stay on course for Emraan, he will equal this feat that Akshay Kumar did in a much lesser timeframe between mid-2014 and February 2015. “With Bhatts announcing their next set of films, it is crystal clear that Emraan is not lying low after the under performance of Ghanchakkar and Ek Thi Daayan. It has just been revealed that he would be working in Mohit Suri’s Hamari Ashuri Kahaaniand Vikram Bhatt’s MR. X for which the release dates have already been announced,” informs a source.
To the list, if you add two films – Ungli and White Lies which are in their final stages and it makes it at least four confirmed releases for the Kisser Boy of Bollywood. A trade insider informed, “Emraan has already allocated dates for Shaatir with Kunal Deshmukh and started shooting for it. Moreover, there are talks still on with Karan Johar-Ekta Kapoor for Badtameez Dil. Though there are rumours around Sidharth Malhotra stepping in for him, there is no final confirmation on a replacement yet. If things fall well into place, it would make it six releases in a row for Emraan.”
Emraan Hashmi’s road to breaking the record:
1. UNGLI – Almost complete – Expected to release in First Half of 2014
2. WHITE LIES – Almost complete – Expected to release in First Half of 2014
3. BADTAMEEZ DIL – Expected to star him – Tentatively planned to release on 15th August 2014
4. SHAATIR – On the floors – Expected to release in Second Half of 2014
5. HAMARI ADHURI KAHAANI – To go on floors – Slated to release on 7th November’14
6. MR. X – To go on floors – Slated to release on 13th February 2015