We think we know everything about them, but then Bollywood celebs surprise us! We all know that she hails from the Bunt community and made her debut as an actress with Mani Ratnam’s Tamil movie Iruvar. But did you knw these facts?
1. Aishwarya made her debut with a commercial for Camlin pencils at the age of 14!
2. Aishwarya Rai was featured in People Magazine as one of the 100 Most Beautiful People in the World.
3. Aishwarya Rai was invited to lunch with the then US President George W Bush during his visit to India back in 2006. But Ash couldn’t make it because she was in Brazil filming for Dhoom 2
4. A variety of tulips are named after Aishwarya Rai in Netherlands.
5. She was the first Indian actress to have a wax statue at herself at the London’s Madame Tussauds museum.
6. Like Bebo and Lolo, Aishwarya Rai also has a nick name and its Gullu!
7. Aishwarya Rai would have been the first Indian actress to be on the cover page of the no-nudity, Indian version of the infamous Playboy magazine. But as fate would have it, the plans didn’t materialize.
8. Ash was once shooting for a commercial in Dubai and the roads were blocked for the entire duration of the shoot. No no, she wasn’t shooting on the street. Her fans came in from all possible directions to get a glimpse of her.
9. She unlike any other lady, hates jewellery. But on the other hand she loves collecting watches. No wonder she is the brand ambassador of popular watch brand, Longines
10. Veteran actress Rekha recognized Ash in a grocery store in Mumbai and wished her luck. Who knew Ash would get hitched to her ex flames son!