Happy 39th wedding anniversary, Amitabh-Jaya!

Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan have been married for 39 years now. The couple celebrated their weding anniversary on Sunday. June 3, 1973 was the day Amitabh_jaya entered maritial bliss and have been blessed with two children – son Abhishek and daughter Shweta.

“39 years! And just made it to the blog in time to write. A minute more and all the headers would have had to undergo change.

Greetings have been exchanged, family has gathered round with wishes…and dear occupy most of the space in the house…Now .. a time to reminisce, to go back and relive those moments, to remember all that transpired,”the 69-year-old posted on blog bigb.bigadda.com.

Recalling those past moments, Amitabh says,

” ‘Zanjeer’ had just released. And Jaya and I and a few dear friends had decided that if the film did well we would all go to London for a holiday. After a few anxious days on the results of the box office, it was time to put our decision ‘in line’.

“So I told my parents, who I had now invited to come and live with me, as is the culture in our land, about our decision. And my Father came down heavily on me – ‘If you are planning a holiday with this girl, you will have to marry her and go, else your decision is denied.’

“I was an obedient child! I got married the very next day in a quickly organized wedding with family and some dear friends, without any fanfare, and left for the holiday that very night,” he further posted. Big B says that his marriage was not a lengthy affair.

“Marriages and weddings entail great amount of ritual and protocol and decorum and priests and pundits and maulvis. They last for days with great fanfare. Ours was a simple Bengali pundit wedding, exchange of flowered garlands, the mangal sutra, the sindoor and it was all over before the women from Jaya’s side could stop their finger in mouth screams of ‘odododooooo’ … or words to that effect,” he added.

Comments

comments

1. Prakash

June 5, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Best wishes to Mr and Mrs Bachchan

2. tina

June 5, 2012 at 8:38 am

congratulations to the intelligent ..couple …wish u many years together..

3. Sonam R.

June 4, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Happy anniversary to both <3 May God bring more happiness & joy <3 God bless =)

4. Naughty

June 4, 2012 at 3:39 pm

wish you to get divorce soon hahahah

• Judge

June 4, 2012 at 4:17 pm

tsk tsk…if you can’t wish Amitabh and Jaya well, please go do something productive with you life. Right now you stand between idiocy and pathetic.

• Judge

June 4, 2012 at 4:17 pm

5. kareena bebo

June 4, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Happy 39th wedding anniversary to you both Amitabh and Jaya. You both are a lovely couple and may god bless you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Prakash

June 4, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Best wishes to Mr. and Mrs. Bachchan. You are a inspiration to us all .

7. Amnt05

June 4, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Congratulations to both. I’m sure Rekha wasn’t in a celebratory mood though.

8. Kkss_bollywood_x

June 4, 2012 at 11:48 am

congrats- 39 yrs, have a wonderful time togheter

9. RK

June 4, 2012 at 11:39 am

Congrats – wish u another 39!

I had to smile when I read the post – he doesn’t say whether the 39 yrs were good (or bad).  Hmmm, I wonder if Rekha featured somewhere in your reminiscing.  Jokes aside, nice to see celebs still going strong after so many years.  The couple I admire r Saira and Dilip – I stand to correction but I never heard of anything untoward in that marriage – wonder if they even hv kids.