Aamir Khan regrets having acted in 3 idiots….

Perfectionist Aamir Khan feels he should not have taken the role of a college student in 3 Idiots.

“I shouldn’t have acted in 3 Idiots as in no way do I look like an 18 year old. The only reason I did the film was because it was about education,” said Aamir, who was in the capital on Monday to launch the book ‘Colours of my Rainbow’ by Himani Verma.

The book tells the story of struggles of Salma Ansari, wife of the Vice President of India Hamid Ansari, to set up schools to marginalized and underprivileged children in Aligarh.

Aamir said he was drawn towards the subject of education in movies after directing Taare Zameen Par.

“I was drawn towards stories about education ever since Taare Zameen Par and then 3 Idiots happened. Cinema has the ability to reach out to people and more films upholding this cause should be made,” said the actor.

Aamir flew down from Berlin where he is on the jury at the Berlin Film Festival.

Comments

comments

1. Kazumishinn1005

March 11, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I love you aamir khan.. I’m a huge fan ever.. though I watched your film in the philippines I know that its an honor for me to see the value of that movie.. 2 thumbs up!!

2. Nona

November 15, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I just saw this movie and Im from the Philippines.  I will show this to all my friends and even to my future children.  Great Job Mr. Khan! You just got in my top list of great movies and great actors. 10 thumbs up :)

3. Nona

November 15, 2011 at 5:56 pm

4. Basit

July 16, 2011 at 2:16 am

he proved that he is the best actor in bollywood!

5. Dmgmjht

April 25, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I loved Aamir Khan in 3 idiots. One of the reason it was a hit was because of him. To me, he looks young as ever.

6. Lizzy

February 23, 2011 at 6:53 am

@Neharika it looks like you have removed all of SHINE’s……………….comments are you trying ban all of Aishwarya fans………………..one by one………………

7. Kitty

February 22, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Well I’m sure he doesn’t regret it because it’s money in the bank, but I agree that in no way does he look 18, and actors in their 40’s who try to act 1/2 their age look really stupid.

8. Sonam R.

February 22, 2011 at 6:51 pm

I luved Aamir in 3 Idiots It would not be the same without him

9. Anonymous

February 22, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Oh no only you could justice to that role and you did it so brillantly.

10. SHINEKUMARPT

February 22, 2011 at 3:26 pm

IT WAS A SUPER HIT, NO??? SO WHY THIS REGRET???

• Sonam R.

February 22, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Hi SHINE what you said is true I Iuved 3 Idiots Aamir was superb in it so why the regret?