‘Kites’ grosses to Rs 62 crore in the weekend

Rakesh Roshan, blasted at crictics for giving bad reviews for his movie ‘Kites’. Despite the unfavourable reviews, the film has become a box office hit.

“On the first day, the movie grossed Rs 21 crore. On Saturday, it earned Rs 20 crore and then on Sunday the collections increased by another Rs 21 crore,”
producer Rakesh Roshan told reporters.

The total three-day box-office collections, therefore, stand at Rs 62 crore.

“There has been no drop in collections. Going by the kind of reviews which we have got, the film should have been flopped by now,”
Roshan said.

Watched the movie??? What is your opinion???

1. Ani

June 29, 2010 at 1:00 am

kites is too good than Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi ok….. and Hrithik Performed very well.. Out standing performance.. I love Kites.. THE UNIQUE LOVE STORY.. Ohh I thik our indian viewers are not ready for that yet… Hard luck Hrithik.. Thats not your fault.. Viewers having lack of BRAIN.. They didn’t understand IT.. Poor Public

2. subhash jadhav

June 25, 2010 at 9:48 am

its a bakwas movie… im also a fan of both father and son roshans but this time they cant prove themslaves… there is no contain in story.. and if u dont have story then nobody will go to see only rihtik… aree baba tumhe hindustan ne bada kiya hai… angrejo ki …. me mat ghuso… kuch aisa do jo music director roshan .. i mean tumhare dadaji ne diya tha rihtik.. apne man ki suno rakesh ki mat suno vo to pehle bhi …. tha aur humesha rahega…. tum samhal javo… nahi to 1 din bologe … laga jindagi pe daag chupaoo kaise… so be carefool my boy plz take care….

3. remo

June 3, 2010 at 12:12 am

hrithik is best………undoubtedly….

4. Anusri

May 31, 2010 at 6:56 am

Oscar winner Russell Crowe stars as the legendary figure known by generations as Robin Hood.. Guyss check tis out..

5. ashish

May 28, 2010 at 5:42 am

6. Saumitra

May 27, 2010 at 5:08 am

Different kind of presentation for a known story…Liked it.

Hrithik is good…

I will say…go n watch it…:)

7. Maryama

May 26, 2010 at 12:45 pm

I love this movie
    but Hrithik more
    and i love his song that he sang in this movie
    but i feel sorry for Hrithik
    that he is goin to quit actin and become a drector and a singer beause of his knee
    really sad….

8. sajna

May 26, 2010 at 12:17 am

people in india didnt like is at all because they didnt understand it shame on you people…….. it was a the best romantic movie ever….. hritik is such an awsome actor……

9. Bestyled

May 25, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Agree with comment 24 & 25#

I heard kites is a big flop in india….well it is mixture of both HOLLYWOOD & BOLLYWOOD and if ya realize they cudnt make much sense out of it. The 1st half cud be like hollywood style but 2nd part is desi type-typical hindi movie. There is a don, hero runs of with heroin who is unfortunately don’s sister i mean how desi! Totalllllllly garbage!

Its high time for hritik not to show off much!!!!!

10. manoj

May 25, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Garbage film !!!

11. Ghost Rider

May 25, 2010 at 7:11 pm

wtf fuken worst movie i’ve ever seen in ma whole lyfe…i want my fuken money that i spent in theaters…and plus im gonna fuken sue roshan for torturing me two hours there…wtf…n those who saw the movie and commented that its the best movie…wtf u thinking? do u know anything about a movie…stfu

12. Aqeel

May 25, 2010 at 6:04 pm

It was a great movie, it was only me and four other people watching the sunday afternoon show,i was so disappointed that not many people showed up.i wonder why???may be becoz of little intimate scenes in the movie yet i loved it, Hrithik, barbra and kagna all played very well in the movie.One thing that i hate to see in the movie was Suicide act, why should we promote suicide act with such a great movie. Ending didnt kill the movie its just that we didnt want to end it that way.

13. Hans Off

May 25, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Krrrraap!!! The Ending Killed It Big Tym. Lyk Dil Bol Haddipa Otha Wise It Was Good N Hrithik Was Sexaayyy :0

14. desi

May 25, 2010 at 2:31 pm

very bad movie, there is no story in this movie , just running around here and there. they save money for diolougs, and cloths and make up- badddddd movie—

15. Mai

May 25, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Veetu well said, global audience loves it

16. kiran

May 25, 2010 at 2:01 pm

omg…… what a movie.its fantastic just love hritik and barbra is just so cute

17. ***

May 25, 2010 at 1:54 pm

it was an OK movie not all that great. i only got interested in the last bit to find out what happened. it’s not as good as some make it out to be and its not as bad as some say it is.

18. Nats

May 25, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Like the movie…was not like a Hindi movie at all.But I’d have preferred another typical happy escapist ending.Took some of my English pals with me & they all liked it & Hrithik.

19. yoohooo

May 25, 2010 at 1:18 pm

movie was the bestttttttttttttttt i have seen in a very long time!!!!!
    loved their chemistry wooooowwww fell in love with both of their characters and was the best love story portaryed ever!!!!

20. JackM

May 25, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Movie sucks. Watching Hritik was fun though.

21. Lili

May 25, 2010 at 11:43 am

the movie was so so but it was the best acting by hithrik, he is one of the best octors in the world. I took my friends that never so his movies before and they think that he was great. I hope that he is in love with barbara only in the movie. as a meried man and a father, he should be loyal to his family. again it was good acting.

22. liz

May 25, 2010 at 11:12 am

who cares how much money the film makes…..!!!! been waiting for this film since last 3 yrs….hrithik is of course my fav actor, but i was hugely dissapointed ….. apart from the film giving a hollywood feel…story was same run of the mill ,hero falling in love with gansters fiancee’ and being chased thru out da film .climax cud hve been better…it was a bit predictable..but they defo make a gorgeous pair 2gether!!!!!

23. raj

May 25, 2010 at 10:12 am

I enjoyed the movie, specially the first part! Hithrik is an amazing actor, with Barbara they make a gorgeous couple with a lot of chemistry between them. The only complaint I have is that I did not care for the ending, it seemed like the easy way out how it ended. Would I see it again? Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. natasha

May 25, 2010 at 10:03 am

Agree with no.6. Hrithik is the best actor in bollywood currently. Personally I love both hollywood & bollywood movies, for different reasons, not so keen on 10 everyone is entitled to their opinion no need to be aggressive.

25. Luvyna

May 25, 2010 at 9:04 am

Hey@ comment *3 even in pure indian films there r more vulgarity so shut up. Kites is a hit it means indians have gone ahead the stupid films where heroes beat up 10 people or run faster than horses loollll. Hrithik is a xcellent versatile actor and the film is also good.

26. Amra

May 25, 2010 at 7:06 am

Loved it!!!! It was awesome!!! Hrithik and Barbara were soooo good!!! If it was a Hollywood movie then I’m sure all the Indians would’ve liked it too but they wouldn’t appreciate their own people for such good work, so sad…

27. sam

May 25, 2010 at 6:34 am

not good at all…2/5 rating…just for a little action it has.wasting of money

28. VeeTu

May 25, 2010 at 6:32 am

Kites movie’s entertainment value is fantastic just to be made in India (bollywood)reach world stage! Time to move on India movie reviewers your negative call has been defied by global audience and movie reviewers and by Hindi cinemagoers. Roshans’s and Basu with Reliance Big Pictures, cast and crew especially Hritik Roshan and Barbara Mori’s interpretation of characters ‘J’ and Linda/Natasha extremely done well. I have had to see this movie a second time to pick up on Basu’s, Rakesh, Sunanina and Hritiks clever play on Bollywood style of story telling inclusive of some of the most entertaining elements of hollywood big scale productions. Come on India give the sour grapes media reviewers the heave ho, as they pull our country down.

29. Rooksana

May 25, 2010 at 6:01 am

Rakesh Roshan has entertained us with numerous good movies so let’s hope he doesn’t disappoint this time. I didn’t particularly enjoy KMG or Krish for that matter but that’s purely coz I don’t enjoy that genre. Hrithik’s a brilliant / versatile actor and does justice to any role.

I will watch it for Hrithik and Rakesh but have to admit that I wasn’t “eagerly awaiting” this movie (maybe coz it has Barbara Mori in it!!)

30. Chaan

May 25, 2010 at 5:16 am

I heard the movie sucks big time…

31. rafs

May 25, 2010 at 3:45 am

Who cares what it grosses…I just love Hrithik…..

32. kites suuuuuUcked

May 25, 2010 at 2:46 am

What is de price de tickets, heard its higher than average price. Therefore de movie will make more money, does’nt necessairly mean more people watched or likd de movie. It’s an 80’s style hollywood movie not suitable for bollywood audience. Bollywod is about cultural & family values, not half dressed womwn & sex.

33. BM